Mergon Group is a leading supplier of innovative plastic products to world class customers in the automotive, industrial and healthcare sectors. The Group has manufacturing operations in Ireland, the US and the Czech Republic.
At Mergon International, Castlepollard, we invite applications for the role of Materials Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, as Materials Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of supplier selection, procurement, supplier management and inventory management. You will have overall responsibility for materials availability, finished goods and raw material inventories, purchase price cost control, warehousing both on and off site, receiving and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time and within budget. Reporting into the role are Purchasing Officer, Warehouse Manager, Stock Controller and Off Site Warehouse Co-ordinator.
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, and cost.
- Perform analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build forecast plans.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Establish and supervise production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Coordinate and work with quality, production and engineering to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring the schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Achieve financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Full Time, Permanent Role.
- Relevant third level qualification or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience working in a Logistics/Material Manager role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of supply chain an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills e.g. MS Office, Outlook.
- Knowledge of stock control systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple demands.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Understanding of KPI’s, finance and management principles.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- Must possess a dynamic approach to achieving continuous improvement.
- Strong attention to detail with structured approach to planning & organising.
- Be able to work on own initiative and prioritise work as required.
Applicants should forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information about Mergon. Send us an email today.
|Email an enquiry|