Ready for a technical challenge? Interested in turning new projects into real life manufacturing solutions? Then, we may have the role for you!
Mergon International, Castlepollard, Westmeath, Ireland
We want to recruit a Project Engineer to join our engineering team.
Reporting to the New Projects Manager, as Project Engineer, you will be responsible for managing engineering projects ranging from New Product Introduction to maximising the effectiveness of the machinery and equipment through Lean engineering methodologies. This position requires a huge passion and energy to manage and contribute effectively to the company business objectives, by meeting customer and manufacturing requirements to the highest possible standards.
The Project Engineer will have a key role in the identification, planning and implementation of continuous improvement projects throughout operations.
- To work on continuous improvement projects with other support functions in the business so to maximise the assets and continuously improve on the business results.
- To ensure Quality Assurance Requirements are achieved through effective management of resources.
- Plan and Implement Projects focused on increasing line and people efficiencies, reducing variances and costs which are targeted to improve and/or simplify current production processes
- Interface closely with Product Development, delivering product and process support and direction in concept design of new and existing products
- Support the operations department in all process improvement activities including new equipment and process design and project management of same.
- Drive projects with cross-functional support targeting improved process performance, improved product functionality, reducing variances and costs.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant 3rd level qualification with 3+ years manufacturing experience post-graduation
- Experience in moulding environment (injection or blow moulding) preferred
- Experience in driving continuous improvement projects is essential with the ability to blend best practices from different methodologies to deliver results (Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen)
- PLC, Robotics and general Automation practical knowledge with experience of PLC programming, robotics and automation with relevant problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma Methodologies
- CAD knowledge is desirable
- Demonstrated methodical and analytical approach with strong attention to detail with structured approach to planning & organising
- Be able to work on own initiative and priorities work as required
- Have excellent communication skills
To be considered for this role please email your CV in confidence to email@example.com.
Find out more information about Mergon. Send us an email today.
|Email an enquiry|