Overview of the Position:
The successful candidate for this position will be an experienced Automation/ Controls/ Robotic Manager with excellent automation along with excellent leadership and supervisory experience. They will develop and assist in developing new secondary finishing equipment. Carry out repair and preventive maintenance activities for PLCs and robotic applications minimizing production downtime.
• Manage and perform programming task with 6 & 7 axis robots
• Manage the automation engineering resources to deliver complex multiple projects on time and to budget
• Overall process owner for automation and electrical engineering
• Develop technically and commercially Plant Automation solutions (hardware and software)
• Continually evolve the working practices within the center to improve efficiency and productivity when producing software and documentation
• To drive and implement rigorous quality standards for all aspects of the automation delivery from initial concept to final commissioning and handover
• Ensure the safety of PLC and robotics equipment
• Consistently maintain company safety and cleanliness standards in the production environment
• Develop and install secondary finishing equipment for blow molded components
• Carry out electrical and/or mechanical repairs and inspections as required to ensure equipment runs reliably in production
• Perform set-up and change overs of robotic equipment for production needs
• Programming and maintenance of PLC equipment and programs
• Including Siemens (S5 & S7), Omron, and Allan Bradley
• Robotics maintenance and programming for ABB robots
• Assist maintenance personnel with plant maintenance as needed
• Ensure quality of deliverables for projects
• Participation and technical contribution to customer and sales meetings
• Drive productivity and risk management
• Participate in, and drive development of automation strategy in line with standards rolled out
• Manage sub-contract resource, and ensure compliance with all relevant company software quality standards
• Factory and Site based testing including production of all test documentation and on-site commissioning.
• Collaborate with counterparts in other Global Plants to ensure consistency of delivery from Global Projects
• Liaise with outside contractors as necessary
• Contribute to the development of relevant working procedures, templates and standards.
• Secure customer satisfaction
If you wish to apply please contact Rob by email: email@example.com
Find out more information about Mergon. Send us an email today.
|Email an enquiry|