Scope of the Position
- Management of the Maintenance and Automation program across the organization to ensure products and services meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Overall responsibility of the Maintenance and Automation system for Mergon Corporation.
- Management of department personnel and work loads.
- Facility, building, and grounds maintenance.
- Monitoring and overseeing of PM program for Mergon Corporation.
- Lead a technically equipped team in mechanical, electrical and robotic problem solving.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on blow moulding machines and adjustments to blow moulding process to ensure good production.
- Partnering with Production and Quality teams to ensure effective management of equipment downtime and speedily resolutions of any issues.
- Supporting product, process and equipment analysis and improvement projects.
- Working as member of a team to resolve open issues, drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment/process control and monitoring.
- Provide support and programming for PLCs, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc, in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls/electrical field.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment).
- Create and maintain close, constructive relationships between Quality Assurance, Production and Sales & Marketing to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Develop close mutually co-operative relationships with customers.
Decision Making Authority
- Authority to stop production based on concern for safety.
The above is not exhaustive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as the employee’s immediate supervisor deems appropriate.
If you wish to apply please contact Rob by email: email@example.com
Find out more information about Mergon. Send us an email today.
|Email an enquiry|