Scope of the Position: Carry out repair and preventive maintenance activities minimizing production downtime.
- Carry out electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical repairs and inspections as required to ensure equipment runs reliably in production.
- Install new machinery, overhaul equipment and rebuild and fabricate parts as required.
- Consistently maintain company safety and cleanliness standards in the production environment.
- Assist maintenance personnel with plant maintenance as needed.
- Liaise with outside contractors as necessary.
- Training, instruction and supervision of apprentices including carrying out reviews of Apprentice performance, ensuring that Apprentices get experience in all aspects of their trade.
- Production: liaison on all issues regarding machine maintenance.
- Outside contractors: control and supervise the work of outside contractors as required.
- Set up personnel & Tool room: liaise regarding machine maintenance
The above is not exhaustive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as the employee’s immediate supervisor deems appropriate.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of machine maintenance experience in a 24/5 manufacturing environment.
- Ideally, you will have experience in a plastic manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work off prints to troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical issues.
If you wish to apply please contact Rob by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more information about Mergon. Send us an email today.
|Email an enquiry|