Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the New Programmes Manager, the successful candidate will support the new programmes introduction process as well as managing projects from design phase right through to mass production. Focusing initially on automotive projects, key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with customers on product design and development
- Selection of key tooling suppliers
- Managing the performance of suppliers to ensure project deadlines are achieved
- Leading project review meetings with customer and key stakeholders
- Reporting on project status, identifying and solving problems that impact on timeline, quality or budget
- Co-ordinating and carrying out pre-production trials at supplier sites and in house as required.
- Carrying out process capability studies to ensure new projects meet required standards of quality, cost and delivery.
- Working cross-functionally with Production, Engineering, Quality and Logistics to ensure that customer expectations in term of quality, cost and delivery are met or exceeded.
- Managing changes to existing products through change control procedures
- Leading and participating in continuous improvement activities across the site such as 5s and other Lean Manufacturing projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Proven working experience as a project engineer
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills including MS Project and MS Excel
- Ability to work on a number of projects concurrently
- Project management skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Decision making ability
- Time management and organisation skills
If you wish to apply please click here or call Kate Blake, Senior HR Business Partner on 044 966 2033 for more information.
Find out more information about Mergon. Send us an email today.
|Email an enquiry|