Moulding ideas for a sustainable future.
Mergon has always aimed to be a truly sustainable business. Of course, that means offering decent work and quality training so that we continue to retain and attract the best people. It also means working closely with our customers so they can meet their sustainability goals.
But it means more than just that. It means we believe in being accountable for our actions and the impact they have, not just on our business, but on our planet and our employees.
Meeting our commitments.
That’s why we have accelerated our sustainability commitment by adopting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, committing our business to sustainable practice in four key areas:
- Climate Action
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Decent Work
- Quality Education.
We have already recorded some notable successes, including:
- 1990 – Introduced returnable packaging
- 1997 – First technical blow moulder in the world to achieve ISO 14001
- 2013 – Development of Mergon recycled HDPE – Innova Polymer
- 2018 – 100% renewable energy powered in Ireland
- 2019 – Waste-to-Energy programme launched
- 2019 – Operation Clean Sweep
- 2021 – Carbon Neutral Buildings Certification in Ireland
- 2022 – 100% Waste-to-Energy achieved across Megon Group
But we want to do more. We pledge to be Carbon Neutral by 2030 and have launched a range of initiatives to ensure we hit our sustainability targets over the coming years.